Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More different stuff....

Work was good...I worked on the opposite hall as Stephanie, so I didn't really have to deal with her much... though she did go out of her way to boss me once... she frustrates me. And I think I frustrate her.

I asked the DON about day hours- she has a part-or 3/4 time shift (not sure which she meant) with days during the week and evenings on my weekends. This sounds good to me because then I'll work from 6am-2pm... and then be DONE for the day. And Stephanie will not be there. And so I will not have to deal with her... or put people to bed, and worry about forgetting important things doing that. I think there will be a lot more answering call lights, and feeding people TWO different meals, and getting them up and washed and dressed... but then it's getting them UP instead of laying them DOWN... and so it's a little different... because you don't have to worry about all of the same safety measures when you're leaving them up and awake, as you do at night... and you don't have to brush their dentures again, because they're clean from the night before. And you GIVE people hearing aids, rather than try to remember to take them away. And it goes on... etc......
So I am soon going to start getting up at 5am and going to bed at 9:30 or 10pm. Yeah.
But I didn't forget so much today- though I was still slow- though I think I'm getting fractionally faster. And what do you know... next I'll be switching over to day hours... and I'll be back at the bottom of a learning curve again. Oh well. I'm not sure whether I want to say "yay"... or "aww.. :( "... . because it's unknown territory still. Yeah.

Time for me to go to bed... it's 1am.... but YAY , I don't work tomorrow.- though I work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday after that.... I do really hope I have Monday off after that... and I'd BETTER not have to work in the AM that day- they'd better not start me on AM shifts on Monday.... that would be... cruel... getting home at 10:30PM Sunday, and then getting up at 5am Monday?... eww. No thank you.

So. Anyway. Nice paycheck coming. :) Especially since they're giving me a lot of hours. Holli tells me I'm basically getting full time hours right now... which is only annoying because I requested part time.

Goodnight/morning.

~Danette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It takes time to get use to jobs. Remember to show Stephanie God's love :). I went through something like that this summer and it was really hard. Maybe God has placed as a night shift to show Stephanie how much He loves her.

I hope things continue to improve.