Sunday, November 19, 2006

Certified Nursing Assistant,... Occupation: CNA

Well, not only do I have my CNA certification... but I now have a job. I'm working at a nursing home in Barron.... where I work from 2-10pm most days... and every other weekend and holiday. I believe I'm making about $10/hr, and I've worked 36hrs this week... and in the next two weeks I'll work about 72hrs... yech. Not incredibly desireable work... but it's ok. It's not horrible, it's not that nasty... and the old people are nice. And most of them are very friendly. A few are confused... one of those is hilarious to interact with... she's funny, nice... and has alzheimers and acts like a seven-year old or so... Another lady acts like a very worried little girl, who thinks she's staying in a hotel in Burnsville, very sick, and doesn't think her mother knows where she is, and wants desperately to call and tell her... Then other times she's lucid and normal... and another lady just ... wanders.

Well.. I have to go to bed if I want to get up in the morning in time for church....

~Danette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you want more hours?! I am glad that you get to see Eric! I have a count dowm too, it's 37 days until I go to France.