Monday, December 18, 2006

Work...

Work is going pretty well for me. I kind of like working at the Dallas nursing home. Most of the residents are pretty nice, though there are a couple that are a bit demanding... I do understand that these people are PEOPLE.. and have rights. But a few of them seem to misunderstand the meaning of this- They have the right to good care... but not necessarily the right to expect me to be able to run all over for silly things when I have a full plate of work to do...
this is one particular woman... I can't say much about her because I don't want to get into trouble for breaking confidentiality... Suffice it to say she really does try my patience.... along with that of everyone else at work. Her call light goes on... "Oh... it's her... " Nicole says. ... I need to pray for this frustrating lady, because I do know she needs Jesus love, and it's up to me to show it..
I do think in a way I prefer the "Unit"... the memory care unit. Partially because the people there are far less demanding... (they only ask for that which they need,) and partially because of the people I work with... Jill is really sweet, and I work with her a lot if I'm in the Unit... though if she keeps up with explaining simple things to me over every time she helps me with someone... that might be a bit... annoying after awhile. "And we never put clothes on the floor.. and always remember to put a clean bag in the garbage.. and we have to take care of this too... and always..."... It's ok right now because I haven't been there long. In a couple of months... we'll see...
I am glad I only work 4 days out of the 14 while Eric is here.. :D
And.. I need to go. :D
good night!
Danette

No comments: