Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A really interesting thought... (well- to me, anyway)

...my waiting is soon to be over.

I have been waiting to be able to take my CNA test... waiting for Eric to come visit... and most recently, waiting to get a job, and to find out when my aunt and uncle are moving so that I could see if I could go help them.
On the first account- My test is Friday... I hope I pass... because I really don't want to have to take it again- or get another job in defeat..
On the second matter: It's almost November... tomorrow is the first. And that means there's only November and most of December left before he comes to see me. And that's really awesome.
In the third front... I will be able to get a job no later than taking my test... and then I shall hunt down a place of employment and secure a position.
Fourthly: my aunt and uncle are moving in the next two weeks or so... and thus, I shall likely go to visit them and help them pack and move. And then get the job. Thus, giving me a little bit of leeway in my timing of the job.. a little more break before it, to figure out what I am doing in January...
I think I've found a long-distance pharmacy technician program.. I learned that WI has no real rules regarding pharmacy technicians... and that the requirement to take the pharmacy technician certification test is almost nothing.. Basically, any program that will teach me enough to pass the test will work. And most places I could work say "formal training" rather than anything specific... and so this would work.
It's about $500 dollars total... (well, supposedly $800 with a $300 discount lasting three more weeks... hrm...) and it IS accredited with the government organizations... heh- if DANTES- the military funding type program... is willing to put their money into this school's training... it has to be legitimate, at least... Still thinking on it... figuring I will need to just get a part-time job for now- and do the training along side of it. According to the website- http://www.pennfoster.edu/pharmacy/index.html
there're a LOT of things to memorize.. The program appeals to me so far- because they DO have a page of accreditation information, and a page of the content of the program... I still need to compare the information covered, with that covered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Test... (which is a voluntary test... but with it you make around a third more money than without...) the PTCT test website gave a list of everything that's in the test- skills and knowledge they expect you to know... so I think I need to make sure that whatever program I choose covers it all. But that's good. I can do that.
:) so.. things are looking a little less upside-down for me now... All I have left is the difficult-to-answer-but-good-idea-to-think-about questions that I keep getting from a certain someone... :) And trying to decide what is going to be my answers for some of them... :) (I appreciate the questions, though! I REALLY do...)

:) well.. I need to go... but here was your update..

~Danette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you pass!!!??!