Saturday, September 02, 2006

Time, and waiting.


Sometimes it seems as if we are called to wait... to let time pass, before a certain thing can come into being... and other times, we're told "Don't waste your time!" or, "hurry- don't waste time now," or, "You're wasting time- don't wait for life to come to you.. go get it!"...
The question is, which times are best to wait and let time float by, and which situations should we take as they come at us, and run with them? There are a lot of things that I've experienced, in which it's best to just sit and wait for the right time or person or place for something... I did wait for a very special person to enter my life... but now, what kind of waiting do I need to do? If I already know who this special person is, and I know what I am willing to do for, and go through with this person... why wait indefinitely for the end that the two of us see as coming? I feel like there have been two choices- one a straight path to the edge of the unknown... the other a winding wiggly path, to the same place. If I know that's to be my destination... is there any reason to prolong the journey? But yet, this path that I must take seems to have checkpoints along the way... no shortcuts allowed. I must stop at the first checkpoint and receive permission and approval, before my travel-permit is stamped and given over to me, to continue my journey to the next checkpoint... and on it goes... and then I get to the end of my walking path, where I must wait for someone to come and invite me to continue on in their company...
...with all of this journey taken with only a general guidebook, and my Saviour helping me along the way.
I feel like there is that other, that straight path, which is out of bounds... which I would have to circumvent that first checkpoint to reach... and I would get to my destination much earlier, much less patiently, with less waiting... but when I would reach it, I would be in an entirely different state of being than by following the checkpoints and the rules, because I would reach it having broken the law that was set forth for me, and that which I have agreed to abide by.

I hope I have been properly abstract in this post... and yet.. that the right people will know who and what I am talking about... (if you think you're one of those right people, and you don't get it... email me. I'll explain.
Love,
Danette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very in depth thinking Ma'am... Quite interesting too... :D Umm... Good luck going down that path, however rough and long and twisted and such it may be :)