Sunday, May 07, 2006

hah.. I won....

I had a fight with my computer tonight about emailing a powerpoint file... 12 slides- very few pictures or graphics... and it claimed that my file was 27MB... while the limit for emailing things was 10MB.... hmm.. That was way too big a number for my little powerpoint... so after about a half of an hour of fiddling with it... I did the unthinkable: I went to the computer help desk...

I was really glad when I got there that the transgender guy wasn't working... he creeps me out- I know I have to show Godly love... I am sorry, but I have to admit that I would usually just choose to skip going to the help desk and figure things out... instead of feeling so weird in the computer help desk place.... (I did go in once.... but it was... strange to say the least....

it took probably 15 minutes to get everything straightened out with the computer tech guy... I basically knew as much about my problem as he did... but he came up with a few different things to try... and after doing them... and finding out they didn't work... (somehow, deleting the few pictures that were present, made the file BIGGER??? that does not compute...) then we figured out how to solve the problem... it was so simple it was stupid- we copy/pasted the entirety of the powerpoint into another file and saved it... Surprise: the file size was now 2.3 MB...... Far below the limit....


Problem solved. At 9:45PM. An hour after I started trying.... and a solution so simple...

No comments: