Sunday, April 30, 2006

so.....

This weekend I was going to go sleep outside with the Invisible Children Global Night Commuters.... but then, I knew that my dad wasn't all that positive about it, (communicated with my mother there,) and knowing that I had too much homework, (which I still do...), I knew it was going to be rainy and cold, I would get no sleep most likely, and that if I stayed up all night I'd be exhausted today and incapable of doing schoolwork.... I decided that I would skip it.

(It turns out that it rained and was horribly cold and wet, and according to my friend Chris' blog, they moved to a nearby church for the night, after about 10pm... )

So if you were there and wondering where I was.... that's why. :-)


And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God; to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom he did foreknow, these he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his son, that he might be the Firstborn among many bretheren. Whom he predestined, these he also called, whom he called, these he also justified, and whom he justified, these he also glorified.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who may be against us? God, who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He with Him not also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is Christ who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, furthermore is risen, even at the right hand of God, who makes intercession for us.

What shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, "For your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
Yet in all these things, we are more than conquerers, through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor heigth nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ our Lord.

---Romans 8:28-39

I just thought of the first verse here, "and we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to those who are called according to His purpose"... and then I thought about CONTEXT... so I decided to write it all out.

I might have misquoted something- I memorized this passage, and wrote it largely from memory, (though I did go to BibleGateway.com after about half of it, because I didn't want to mix up which things came first...)

hmm.. Memorization. Gotta go do some of that now.... I've been kind of delinquent....

~Danette

No comments: