Friday, May 18, 2007

Back and Forth

Sometimes my mind feels like it's playing tug of war... first, I start doing my devotions regularly, and feel encouraged, and am doing well... and then the rope tugs the other way, and I begin to miss getting them done... and I have to tug the rope back, and get back on track, before I fall in the mud in the middle, and lose determination and have to climb out of the muddy pit to start over again. Today is one of those days when I'm tugging the rope back, because I didn't get them done this morning, so I am going to make sure I read my devotions while I have one of my breaks from work today. Romans 6 and Esther 4, today. A friend and I have been discussing our devotions together, and that's what we're looking at today... I love Romans. :)


I am both looking forward to the weekend, and dreading it at the same time. No, I don't work Saturday or Sunday... but Sunday, I take on a completely new adventure: Church pianist. Dawn is suspecting she may be gone from church Sunday, because her baby is soon to be due- and Lori is going to be gone as well, so here I am- the only remaining piano-playing individual, (Well, Scott plays the piano, but I don't think we want him doing accompaniment- it'd be a little difficult to sing with,) who shall be at church... so, yay me. lol. Kind of. I like it when people ask me to do things- I don't appreciate it when they just assume I will, and then sign me up for them- and I don't like being left out of the loop, and everything, either... but being asked to do something that I'm good at, is nice.
Next thing I'd like... would be for someone OUTSIDE of my family to actually want ME to sing with them for special music.. I mean- our church has a ladies' group, and there are more ladies in it now than there have been before- so I know it's not just a super-static group... but nobody asks me to sing... and I have to say, I don't find much to be special, of hearing me sing with Brita, every time we have special music, or whatever. It's just.. well.. family. Maybe it's special to some church people, but to me, it's plain and ordinary.
I must get going, so I can be ready for work, and get there on time, (it starts at 2) and hopefully make it to my grandmother's house beforehand, because she still has my nametag in her garage, waiting for me to come pick it up. lol!

I promise to write some more in-depth musings of a creative nature later...

~Danette

p.s. I suppose I could just share the poem I had fun writing... lol. It's not finished yet- I think I need to double or triple its length to get the meaning into it that I intend.. but here it is:

Bubbles. :)

Floating through the air
without a care
in the world.
Seeming to be so free,
unhindered by worry
and stress.
Rainbow colored iridescence
breath of air
captured
within a film of soap
Floating through the air
thoughtless,
into the soft cool breeze
of the night.

:)

No comments: