Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A better way...

I was thinking about my current situation... and I've realized I need to accept that God has a better way than I can ever imagine, for me. For all of you who don't know yet... I broke up with Eric on Monday evening... and I'm not sure how I feel right now. I know it was right- that much I know. But whether or not I can stand up to the pressure my flesh is putting on me to give in and try to reconcile with him instead of standing my ground- and he's not even the one putting any pressure on me at all... but.. it's hard. My heart aches, because I feel like I've lost the person who meant most to me in this world... the one I wanted to be able to marry... while I know that at this point, breaking up was needed. EVERYTHIING makes me think of Eric... it's kind of frustrating... because thoughts just wash over my mind... things we did while he visited me... parts of the summer that I spent at camp with him... things he's told me... and my heart cries out "you're losing something!!!!" but... I also can look to God's word that tells me "the heart is deceitful above all things, and deperately wicked- who can know it?"
but.. anyway. Pray for me? I'm fighting a battle with my heart and mind right now- trying to stay fast to what I believe is right- while an awful little voice in my brain asks me- "are you sure this is what you believe?"...
The devil's attacking me pretty hard in my decision making right now...

I need a hug.

~Danette

No comments: