Saturday, April 22, 2006

Viennese Ball



Wow, that was fun. I felt so pretty in my formal dress... and there was just so much going on....
(ok... got tired of writing this... so I am swiping the remainder of this post from an email I just finished sending...)

Viennese ball was fun. Lots of fun. My cousin Ian ended up dancing
with my friend Becky a lot... ended up going home with her phone
number, in fact...... the only dancing I did was spinning in circles
with my cousin Kate because we felt like having fun, in the polka
room :-) That was fun. Oh- and we "waltzed" too... lol.... dancing
would be a lot of fun, I think, if I knew how to do it properly....
good exercise, too... :-) So some time I will learn how... :-)
Hopefully before next year's Viennese Ball.... (and maybe by then I
will have someone to go with besides my cousin Ian....)
I didn't get to bed last night until 2AM.... but it was fun. My shoes
started hurting my feet, so I checked them in at the "coat check"...
lol... .I sure got some funny looks from the workers there... both
dropping them off, and then when we were leaving, and the guy getting
my items couldn't find what he thought he was looking for... my shoes
were sitting on the top of the coat rack, and he was looking for a
coat... lol.... So I wandered around the ball, (and danced with Kate,.
lol ) barefoot. I don't know if I would have gotten in trouble doing
that during the school-day... but my dress was touching the ground as
it was, so I really don't think anyone could even tell that I was
barefoot, to begin with....

There was so much cool music there... it was just fun to listen to- I
think there were five A Cappella groups performing, plus the
musicians playing for the waltzing, and the jazz, and the
polka,etc........ and my friend was playing fancy music on the giant
piano.. (bosendorfer, I believe... giant grand piano, that I REALLY
wanted to play....)

I could really deal with going back to visit the era where balls occured often... like Cinderella... :-)

...just... with dancing slippers, rather than heels....


~Danette




This is Kate.... grr.... she was actually complaining about this picture........








and me again.... worse picture....

No comments: