Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A quote...

I was between laughing and moaning at something my teacher said...I don't really consider it "funny" as such... but just sort of brainless.....

"If there was some big Being that would come down and tell us what is absolutely right and wrong, then we wouldn't have so much conflict between liberals and conservatives."

and "If there was an absolute right and wrong, I don't think we'd have so much conflict in this matter"....[talking about homosexual marriage rights]


umm... hello, Mrs. Haakenson? There IS a "Being" that told us what is right and wrong.... He's also known as GOD. And we DO know right and wrong... but we still have conflicts.... how is this possible? *sigh*... oh well. I wonder if she'll ever "get" it....


Today in class we talked about logical fallacies... it was fun to point out that the article that we did our responses on today was a piece of propaganda in of itself...

2 comments:

Amy Pearson Photography said...

Isn't the fact that there IS an absolute right and wrong the reason for the conflict? If things were "anything goes," there would be no reason for conflict!

Dani the Dandelion said...

Yeah... I don't know how people manage to ignore that... Too bad I didn't think of that in class... :-)