Monday, December 12, 2005

Complications...

Things are weird at college right now, while I try to figure out where I am living next semester. In one way, I want to live with my grandparents... but things arent going all that well this semester in that- a combination of our personality differences, generational (perspective) differences, that seem bigger than there are between me and my parents, (those are quite minor), "grandma" expectations, such as that I will always be the little girl and will always have time to hang out with Grandma for any length of time, and lifestyle differences- I live IN my environment... my grandma seems to live "around" it- her home looks like a hotel sometimes... she is super-neat.... I am not horribly messy- but not spotless, either...

she seems overly emotional... my mother is wondering if it is from menopause or something. She overreacts to things, like in emphasizing the seriousness of cleaning the dust off of the cabinets... I care about doing it... but it's not the most important thing in the whole world to me...

Don't tell her- but my parents and I are considering me living in a dorm this coming semester. I have the form all filled out for it, I talked to the financial aid people, (and found out they would do nothing about it) and figured things out. All I have to do now, is figure out where I am going to get the $2500 to pay for it.... I could take out loans... or I could work a million hours a week... or a combination of both....

I don't know... but I hope I get all of this figured out soon.... and if everything gets figured out with the RA stuff, so that they don't have laws against Bible studies, then, I could get free room and board next semester if I qualified to be one....


whatever happens, God is in control. I need to remember that. It's hard sometimes.

~Danette

1 comment:

Amy Pearson Photography said...

I'm a little dense, dear friend. I just realized your name had a link with it! So FINALLY I visit your blog. Gee. Sorry about that. Great place.
As far as you and your grandparents, hang in there. There's a perfect plan, and it will show itself in due time. Trust your parents advice. They know you best. In the meantime, I'll be praying for you!